Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Meditation.

I have been meditating twice a day now for about a week and I have noticed a marked improvement in my ability to be mindful, relaxed and open to change. I find that these sessions are like "bookends" to my day. It has also helped the anxiety that sometimes comes up with my schizoaffective disdorder.

How wise are those who have gone before and blazed the path to ultimate peace to give us meditation so that we too many one day reach full and complete peace with existence.

What we have to learn, in both meditation and in life, is to be free of attachment to the good experiences, and free of aversion to the negative ones.
-Sogyal Rinpoche-

Meditation is not a way to enlightenment,
Nor is it a method of achieving anything at all.
It is peace itself.
It is the actualization of wisdom,
The ultimate truth of the oneness of all things.

-Dogen-

No comments:

Post a Comment