Thursday, July 20, 2006

Suffering Returns, and Delight Arrives

Life continues to create itself and fall away, and suffering returns, and delight arrives, if even for a moment--agony, peace, rapture.

-Sandy Boucher, "Hidden Spring"

James: Given my struggles lately I have been feeling down and often when I feel such deep pain I start to indentify myself with the pain. Feeling "why me?" and "this is so unfair." This quote is helping me remember that pain and downtimes are apart of the cycle of existence. That said pain is a great reminder of the very first noble truth that suffering is inevitable. That it is delusion to think that I should never experience such things because I am on a spiritual path.

-Peace to all beings-

Picture: Jesus and Buddha together.

No comments:

Post a Comment