Thursday, February 26, 2009

Leaving Town...

I leave this morning for the men's training weekend I have mentioned on several occasions in the past. It was a life-saver for me, back in the early 1990s, and I have served on staff many times since that first weekend. Some may recall that I was bellyaching, a while back, about not finding ways to be of service in my life; and that I received, in short order, precisely what I'd wished for: the invitation to staff this weekend. A mixed blessing, since it has already required a great deal of time and effort in preparation, and I harbor deep-seated (irrational, what else?) fears about being in a strange place with people I mostly don't know... Which may have something to do with recent posts about bad sits and sleep loss! Anyway, I look forward to it with a mixture of dread and excitement--and I can live with that paradox! Cardozo, I hope, will be posting one of my film reviews in my absence, and I'll likely be checking back in on Monday. Wish me luck, and have a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment