Sunday, July 19, 2009

Sabbatical

The Buddha Diaries is going on sabbatical.

I woke up this morning--the first in a planned six-week stay at our Laguna Beach cottage--with that thought clearly in mind. I have long been postponing work on the book I have mentioned several times in these pages, and parts of which have appeared here from time to time along the way. It's time to clear the clutter of other stuff out of my mind and concentrate on that task, if I'm to ever get it done. I'm encouraged especially to get down to this by the interest of my friend Paul Gerhards at When this is, that is, and his imprint, Parami Press.

There's the accompanying fear, of course, that I will lose all those readers, whose presence here on The Buddha Diaries is often silent, but always felt and appreciated. If you include The Bush Diaries, I have rarely missed a day since that first blog started November, 2004. Even when traveling, I have managed to keep up with "the blog" on an almost daily basis. I have loved doing it, and particularly have loved knowing that my words reach people, and mean something to them. This is what a writer needs more than anything.

But the time has come to take a break. I haven't decided on a return date, since I'm unsure when the work I want to do will be finished, but I hope that you'll start watching for me again in early September. In the meantime, have a great summer. And wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment