Tuesday, August 9, 2005

Vegetarianism


I am going on my 6th day of being a vegetarian and I feel GREAT both physically, emotionally and mentally.

I said early in my 20's that I wanted to be fully vegetarian by the time I turned 30 and well, I am turning the big 3-0 in december.

So, It's official!!

I already have noticed that I have more energy and feel lighter (no longer all that heavy, greasy meat). Not to mention that I have been drinking a lot of water along with this transition thus detoxing my body and it feels wonderful.

The decision to become a vegetarian is very personal I believe and I would never force anyone into such a decision. However, for myself I feel so liberated.

I wanted to embrace this lifestyle mainly because I have a deep love for all beings and just could not take the guilt anymore of killing poor, defenseless animals for my greedy consumption.

And the interesting thing is that there are a lot of options out there now for vegetarians. You can get veggie burgers that have that "flame grilled" taste, you can get soy taco meat and sausages even!!

-Peace to all beings-

No comments:

Post a Comment