Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Getting Ready...

... to celebrate. I noted this morning, on checking in with my site meter, that my visitor count stood at that moment at exactly 99,000--with another 150,000 "page views," whatever that means. This means that in a short while The Buddha Diaries will top 100,000--or a quarter of a million visits plus views!

I'm amazed. It seems only a short while since I was celebrating fifty thousand. Since the publication of "Persist," in fact, daily readership of The Buddha Diaries has shown a significant increase, and this clearly has to do with all the promotional efforts I have made to spread word about the book.

It is profoundly gratifying for one who identifies himself as a writer, as I do, to know that there are people out there reading what I write--and often returning regularly for more.

I have a plan, to mark the occasion: since I'm very often able to tell, from Sitemeter, the location of my visitors, in order, by city and country, I plan to be watching for the hundred thousandth and will hope to send that person a commemorative copy of "Persist." It can only work, however, if I identify the location--city, country, time--on the following day's entry, and that person sends me an email with their street address. I have no idea whether this plan will work, but I'm keen to give it a try. It might turn out to be a fascinating puzzle...

No comments:

Post a Comment