Friday, March 3, 2006

The Sound of the Bell

I have discussed on here before the tool on my computer (which one of my fellow sangha members tipped me of to and to whom I am very grateful for doing so as it helps me on a very profound level) that rings a bell every so often.

When ever it sounds I always stop my typing or surfing, close my eyes, breath deeply and recite the following:

"Body, space and mind. I send my heart along with the sound of this bell. May the hearers (including myself) awaken from their forgetfulness and transcend the path of anxiety and fear."

I then go on to say, "I listen, I listen. The sound of this bell brings me back to my true home."

These are mantras that Thay (Thich Nhat Hanh) teaches us to use whenever we hear a bell ring. I have also added the following:

"May this sound cut through the ropes of my attachments to free me from suffering that I might then helps others do the same."

-Peace to all beings-

No comments:

Post a Comment