Wednesday, May 3, 2006

Think For Ourselves.



Accept my words only when you have examined them for yourselves; do not accept them simply because of the reverence you have for me. Those who only have faith in me and affection for me will not find the final freedom. But those who have faith in the truth and are determined on the path, they will find awakening.

-Majjhima Nikaya

James's comment:

This is one of the teachings that really peeked my interest in Buddhism. It doesn't require undying, blind faith in a "leader." It requires looking within oneself and finding truth through experiencing it ourselves by meditating and being mindful in our daily lives. Meditating upon the words of teachers and finding that they are true through our own comfirmations.

Isn't that a gorgeous peaceful face on that Buddha statue??? I think that it captures that bliss of the enlightenment and nirvana of the Now perfectly. I think that it is one of the most beautiful images of the Buddha that I have seen. It reminds me (as all Buddha images do) of the Buddha within me and us all.

-Peace to all beings-

No comments:

Post a Comment