Sunday, October 22, 2006

Buddhism and Mental Health. Vote!!

I have a great opportunity to ask a question of a Buddhist psychologist/author in an online interview with Tricycle Buddhist Review and Zooleo. The subject is the link between Buddhism and psychology. The deal is that people post a question and others can "boost" it (basically vote for it) and the most popular questions will get answered in the online interview.

Here is my question:

"What does Buddhism say about "mental illness" and why does it occur in people? Is it considered a biological condition as it is in the West or not?

And is it seen as an issue of burning off negative karma?"

So this is where you come in. :)
I need people to go to this forum and "boost" (vote) my post (you'll see a number to the right of my question with the words "boost it" under the number. Just click on the "boost it wording" after you register and it should count the vote!). I've really been searching for the Buddhist perspective to "mental illness" and this is a great opportunity to get some of those answers. You don't have to do much but register with this online Buddhist forum. It's not a difficult registration.

All you have to do is enter in a username a password and an email address
and then you vote! My question is #21. I would really, really appreciate this help.

If you don't feel that you can do it
or don't want to then NO WORRIES.

However, if you CAN and DO have a few minutes then that'd be AWWWWWEEEESSSSOOOOMMMMMEEEE!!!!

CLICK HERE FOR THE LINK.

It looks like right now my question is at the top of the question list so that should help you find it. :O)

Thanks again for your help. Let me know if you have any questions or if my directions seem confusing. :) And if you have any insight to this question I'd love to hear it!

~Namaste~

No comments:

Post a Comment