Friday, December 30, 2005

Bragging


Someone asked T'ou-tzu, "How is it when there is no mistake moment to moment?"

T'ou-tzu said, "Bragging."

James's comment: This brought a smirk to my face when I read this. What a great answer and lesson. I took this to mean that we should never feel that we are better then anyone or anything that exists or does not exist.

It also says to me that even "great masters" make "mistakes. "

What lesson do you take out of it?

Meditation was good today. Well, it's always a good thing but today was very helpful. I was meditating and for the first 10 minutes had a lot of intrusive thoughts and keep trying to "do" something to stop them.

Then, however, I was reminded of the mantras, "Nothing to do or undo" and "Nothing to think or not think." After meditating upon these words I felt the distractions just melt away like snow and then I realized that I already had the tools to release myself more easily from the distractions that clog up my peace and mindfulness through out the day. Upon remembering that I didn't have to "think or not think" about anything I felt a freedom that I know that I can carry with me as I keep walking the middle path from moment to beautiful moment.

Present moment, wonderful moment, only moment.

Does any of this even make sense? I hope so.

I hope that I haven't totally contradicted myself. :)

-Peace to all beings-

No comments:

Post a Comment