Friday, December 9, 2005

Lord Ganesh


Yesterday I stopped by the Nepal-Tibet Import store to pick up some more incense and saw this beautiful statue of Ganesh (click image to enlarge) and had to have it. I wasn't going to pick it up because usually these gorgeous statues are $50 or more but this one was a steal at $35. I love to collect religious images/statues and especially Buddhist or Hindu ones. I already have a Shiva statue but Ganesh is by far my favorite Hindu God.

Lord Ganesh is the virtual son of Lord Shiva and is seen in the Hindu faiths as the Remover of Obstacles and the God of domestic harmony and success. He is the most beloved of all the Hindu Gods. He was created as an ordinary boy but was decapitated in battle. Shiva's emissaries were sent into the forest and told to get the head of the first animal they found and to fit that head onto the boy's neck.

-Peace to all beings-

No comments:

Post a Comment