Sunday, December 18, 2005

Work to Change Yourself First


Like a fine flower, beautiful to look at but without scent, fine words are fruitless in a man who does not act in accordance with them.

~Gautama Buddha

James's comment: This is one that I need to work on. I am so easy to criticize and judge others when I know full well that I have plenty to work on in cleaning out my own house. Yet another great reminder to work on my own misperceptions. Only then can we expect others to change.

I think it is also important, however, to not beat ourselves up over guilt for not always being "perfect." For one, perfection isn't possible and two, undo guilt only creates more negative karma for ourselves. It's like paying twice for a crime.

-Peace to all things that exist and do not exist-

No comments:

Post a Comment