Monday, April 4, 2005

Buddhist Prayers

May all be free from sorrow,
and the causes of sorrow,
May all never be separated
from the sacred happiness
which is sorrowless.

-Buddhist prayer

*As a Buddhist, I have been wondering how I could offer a prayer to set my mind before eating food and found a couple offered by Thich Nhat Hanh:

-This food is the gift of the whole universe-the Earth, the sky and much hard work. May we live in a way that makes us worthy to receive it. May we transform our unskillful states of mind, especially our greed. May we take only foods that nourish us and prevent illness we. We accept this food so that we may realize the path of practice.

-Many beings are struggling for food today.
I pray that they all may have enough to eat.

*You could word it anyway that you like but I thought that I would post these to give a basic framework for those interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment