Tuesday, April 26, 2005

This Fleeting World

Thus shall ye think of this fleeting world:
A star at dawn, a bubble in a stream;
A flash of lightning in a summer cloud;
A flickering lamp, a phantom, and a dream.

-Diamond Sutra

This past weekend was my second time with the Sangha and Lori attended with me. She really enjoyed it and I think that she will keep going with me. I too enjoyed it as I did the last time. It really is amazing how beneficial a Sangha can be once you find the right one.

We also had a lovely weekend up in the mountains staying at a friends cabin in Estes Park. Here are some pictures from our little retreat:


This is the friend's cabin where we stay now and then.


Another view.


Yet another view.


Snoozing with a Corona.


Near by peak.


Look close and you'll see Big Horn Sheep. They blend right in with those rocks.


Young male Elk standing right outside the cabin.


Young male Elk standing right outside the window!

No comments:

Post a Comment